Buy an essay pre-written by the Essay Queen.
1. Regrind, Inc. reginds used typewriter platens. The cost to buy back each used platen is $2.60. The fixed cost to run the grinding machine is $195 per day. If the company sells the regroundplatens for $7.60, write a cost function, a revenue function, and determine how many platens must be reground daily to break even? (Assume that there are no unsold platens at the end of the day.)
(a) Express the Cost C as a function of x.
(b) Express the Revenue as a function of x.
(c) Determine analytically the value of x which revenue equals cost.
2. Write the slope-intercept form of the line that passes through the given point with slope m. Through (5,-3), m=3.
3. Find the slope-intercept(if defined)of the line that passes through the given points. (1,-3)and(-5,-7).
4. Find the equation of the line satisfying the given conditions, giving it in slope-intercept form if possible. Through
(-6,3),parallel to 6x-7y=-15.
5. Name the possible quadrants in which the points (x,y)can lie if the condition is true.
(a) Where x represents the number of days and p represents each individual platen, the cost is represented as follows:
C(x) = $195x + $2.60p
Where x represents the number of days and p represents each individual platen, the revenue is represented as follows:
Cheryl M., Essay Queen Staff - February 26, 2017